How to study Online? Practical tips
Here are some good advices for learning a new
language at North Light Online:
• Do you learn the language for the first time? Then start with "Introduction to A1" and follow the program chapter by chapter.
• Are you not sure about which level you have? You can test yourself by reviewing various chapters.
You can also attend classes on other levels than the course you have chosen to start with. If you participate in a B2 program, you can also follow lessons on B1. Particularly at higher levels, it is a good idea to repeat what you have learned earlier.
• Before an Online lesson, you MUST read through the text that the teacher is going to review. You MUST translate words and phrases. You must also look at the grammar of the chapter we are currently working on.
• Be active in the lessons. Answer when the teacher asks for something!
• Can you not attend to a lesson? Then you can see the lesson on video. At the same time you can also see the communication between the teacher and the students.
• Follow the progress in the course. Do not jump too much between different levels and chapters. You decide how much time you spend on learning Norwegian. You must take care of following the progression in the course by yourself.
• Repeat a lot! You can look at a video several times.
• For each chapter of the workbook there are listening tasks. You will receive the audio files, and you can do these tasks yourself.
• At all levels there are additional tasks and listening exercises. For A1 and A2 we use Learn Now as additional material. You can always check our website if there are new tasks and additional material.
• Between the lessons you also have to work with tasks for the relevant chapter. During the lesson, the teacher shows how to work with the most important tasks in a chapter.
• In a lesson, teacher walks through some of the tasks, but not all. You will receive a pace for all the tasks, and you can check your answers yourself.
• Have a good dictionary!